Dr. Sarawut Cheunkar is a lecturer of the Division of Biotechnology, School of Bioresources and Technology, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi. Dr. Sarawut Cheunkar received his B.S. in Chemistry from Mahidol University, Thailand and earned his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the Pennsylvania State University, United States under Royal Thai government support. His past research was focused on nanoscience and nanotechnology in which he carried out his dissertation research under the supervision of Professors Andrews and Paul S. Weiss at the California NanoSystems Institute at UCLA. There, he employed self-assembled monolayer techniques to develop neurotransmitter-functionalized surface chemistries. Using quartz crystal microgravimetry, Dr. Cheunkar investigated real-time binding behavior of G-protein coupled receptors. He also used his expertise in atomic force microscopy to characterize molecular recognition via chemical patterning techniques, including chemical lift-off lithography.
- Microbial Electrogeneration
- Surface Engineering
- S. Muralikrisna, Sarawut Cheunkar, Benchaporn Lertanantawong, T. Ramakrishnappa, D. H. Nagaraju, Werasak Surareungchai, R. Geetha Balakrishna, K. Ramakrishna Reddy Graphene Oxide-Cu(II) Composite Electrode for Non-Enzymatic Determination of Hydrogen Peroxide J. Electroanal. Chem. 2016, 776, 59-65
- H. H. Cao, N. Nakatsuka, A. C. Serino, W.-S. Liao, S. Cheunkar, H. Yang, P. S. Weiss, and A. M. Andrews Controlled DNA Patterning by Chemical Lift-Off Lithography: Matrix Matters. ACS Nano 2015, 9, 11439
- W.-S. Liao, H. Cao, S. Cheunkar, M. J. Shuster, S. C. Altieri, P. S. Weiss, and A. M. Andrews. Small-Molecule Arrays for Sorting G-Protein-Coupled Receptors. J. Phys. Chem. C 2013, 117, 22362.
- Claridge, S. A., Liao, W. –S., Thomas, J. C., Zhao, Y., Cao, H., Cheunkar, S., Serino, A. C., Andrews, A. M., and Weiss, P. S. From the Bottom Up: Dimensional Control and Characterization in Molecular Monolayers. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2013, 42, 2725-2745.
- Liao, W. S., Cheunkar, S., Cao, H. H., Bednar, H. R., Weiss, P. S., and Andrews, A. M. Subtractive Patterning via Chemical Lift-Off Lithography. Science 2012, 337, 1517-1521.
- Vaish, A., Shuster, M. J., Cheunkar, S., Weiss, P. S., and Andrews, A. M. Tuning Stamp Surface Energy for Soft Lithography of Polar Molecules to Fabricate Bioactive Small-Molecule Microarrays. Small 2011, 7, 1471-1479.
- Zheng, Y. B., Payton, L., Chung, C. –H., Liu, R., Cheunkar, S., Pathem, Y., Yang, Y., Jensen, L., and Weiss, P. S. Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy to Probe Reversibly Photoswitchable Azobenzene in Controlled Nanoscale Environments. Nano Letters 2011, 11, 3447-3452.
- Zheng, Y. B., Kiraly, B., Cheunkar, S., Huang, T. J., and Weiss, P. S. Incident-Angle-Modulated Molecular Plasmonic Switches: A Case of Weak Exciton-Plasmon Coupling. Nano Letters 2011, 11, 2061-2065.
- Vaish, A., Shuster, M. J., Cheunkar, S., Singh, Y. S., Weiss, P. S., and Andrews, A. M. NativeSerotonin Membrane Receptors Recognize 5-Hydroxytryptophan-Functionalized Substrates: Enabling Small-Molecule Recognition. ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2010, 1, 495-504.